Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Day 15

The scale was varying between 137.8 and 138 today, I'm SOOO happy Im managing to maintain this 5 pound loss so far ! My goal before spring break was an 8 pound loss - I want to be 135, and I feel it is sooo achievable! I havent lost weight this quickly in forever! The combination of working out and eating right is paying off  =D>

I'm only on day 4 of Jillian's 30 Day Shred, but I can feel the differences already!
 My legs feel stronger, my body feels better after a work day at my desk when I actually MOVE!

I've also being walking a lot more! Its about to get hard with some mini exams coming up on Friday, and lots of reading and studying to do (a.k.a sitting down!!) but I will still do my 30 Day Shred everyday!

 I'm very excited about Planet Fitness too, I joined the gym yesterday, it is opening in Feb. and is only $10 a month and you get FREE fitness training! Their philosophy is of making workouts availible to everyone, and not encouraging an intimidating atompsphere of 'lunkheads' as they put it, but a judgement free zone :) I like that!! I reckon that by the time it opens, I will be kind of in shape from Jillian's 30 Day Shred and ready to be pushed to the next level! /XD

http://www.planetfitness.com/

Breakfast

2 whole wheat deli flats  (220 calories), 5 pieces of tofurky (100 calories for 5 - really yummy too!), 1 tomato, hummus - all made into two burgers this morning, pretty much all I have left in the fridge! (need to food shop tonight!) + coffee = 400 calories


Lunch:

I have Tupperware number 2 from Sunday nights cooking of quinoa in veggie broth+broccoli+tomatoes with me at work, about 300 calories max :) Did you know that quinoa cooks quicker than most grains and is an excellent source of protien with about 11 grams of protein per cup of cooked quinoa? 

Snack:

I resisted the cherry muffins in the office kitchen and helped myself to the leftover strawberries that we got delieverd to our office by the office of Public Health and Health Professions
















I sliced them up and added a cup of 70 calorie yogurt to them
 Which is pretty much the best snack ever!

The strawberries are apparently 46 calories for a cup, according to calorieking.com, an awesome online search tool where you can look up any food!

Total calories so far for the day: 836, which leaves me 364 to work with for dinner :D

Dinner:

Well, my man suprised me by taking me out for dinner! And he was SOOOOOOOOOOOO sweet and supportive and took me to a place that supports my fitness goals- Designer Greens!! I had a big salad and some pita bread with gucamole :) My serving of pitas was a bit too big so I gave my man a few pieces - it was hard to do that, I didnt want to but I knew it would be better for me and if I got it off my plate first thing it would be easier to NOT eat ;)




Our dinner at Designer Greens

mini snack- a dark chocolate covered apricot piece and ginger piece from the health food store -yuuum!!

 I've noticed that eating healthy+ eliminating afternoon sodas has made me sooo much less bloated!!

Workout
Jillian's 30 Day Shred Day 4 - DONE



/bye

No comments:

Post a Comment