Friday, January 21, 2011

Day 11

Day 11.......and 139 calories................thats 3.4 pounds lost!
Not as much as I'd have liked to lose in 10 days though... however, I haven't really worked out, I've just been eating right and lose weight VERY slowly with just dieting! 


 I'm not going to be too hard on myself at all as just getting my nutrition/calories under control is step one!


I know that I MUST work out, and I'm excited to know that my knee has healed up!!


And I got enough sleep last night, finally had 8 hours! Sleep is SO important for weight loss because if you don't get enough then you don't have the energy to work out!




Working out and eating right go hand in hand.....I've lost weight by JUST dieting before and it hasn't worked- working out is necessary to change your body's structure, build metabolism boosting muscle!

Today I started Day 1 of Jillian's 30 Day Shred! 

I went with Level 2 because I've dabbled with Level 1 for a while, and have gotten bored with it! Level 2 KICKED my BUTT! Wow! It was HARD! But I like the fact that it only took half an hour and my workout was DONE and I felt GOOD!


My realization about working out is that I need SELF DISCIPLINE. I've had gym memberships. Ive gone intermittently. So more than being a gym member, I need to learn how to just work out every day, no excuses, and workout DVD's provide that solution!! How can I say I cant do a 30 minute workout at home? Serioulsy. Thirty Minutes TOTAL, including cooldown and warmup!And now, with school AND work, its almost impossible to find a free 1hour + chunk of time to go to the gym! So Jillian's 30 day shred it is! 


I took some before pictures, cant wait to see the afters! I did a motivation google search on other peoples before and after pics, and wow, people got some great results!


Breakfast:
Amys organic burrito and the same for lunch+ an activia yogurt- I had my braces adjusted and soft burritos are the only thing I can handle chewing!!!

Dinner:
I made a shake with- 1 mango, 1 banana, a cup blueberries, 1 cup yoghurt, vanilla, no sugar- it was DELICIOUS!! And about 500 calories so I met my budget for the day :) 

Interesting thing I came across while studying for my college Nutrition class today:


This study provides important insights into hunger in a society characterized by over-consumption of processed food with an excess of calories and deficiency of micronutrients. Such hunger creates a cycle of overeating leading to obesity and is an obstacle for those who attempt to establish a healthy eating pattern and normal BMI. Their findings reveal that those who are able to make the change to a high nutrient density diet experience uncomfortable sensations of hunger less often than they experienced on their previous usual diet


So basically- we are HUGE, with TOOOO much FOOD, but not the RIGHT food and our bodies are STARVING for NUTRIENTS!! Our bodies want magnesium, potassium and fiber! And it taking a multi-vitamin doesn't work to meet your bodies NEED



 

"Many people understand the importance of good nutrition but believe that a daily vitamin
pill will substitute for actually eating the foods that they know are good for them. However,
the more scientists learn about nutrition and the human body, the more they realize the
importance of eating whole foods. It is possible that nutrients are most beneficial to health
when they are consumed in their natural form and in combination with each other, which
occurs when a person consumes foods such as fruits, vegetables (including legumes), and
whole grains. These foods contain not only well-known vitamins and minerals that are often
found in vitamin pills, but also hundreds of naturally occurring substances, including
carotenoids, flavonoids and isoflavones, and protease inhibitors that may protect against
cancer, heart disease, and other chronic health conditions."
Advisory Committee Report

To get a broad range of nutrients, Americans should eat a variety of colorful fruits and
vegetables— green, yellow-orange, red, blue-purple, and white. Each color offers something
unique, like different combinations of vitamins, minerals, and disease-fighting phytochemicals.

http://www.longislanddiabetes.org/Microsoft%20Word%20-%20Nutrient%20Gap%20for%20ADA.pdf
— 2005 Dietary Guidelines

Why Fruits and Vegetables Are Better Than Pills

Only fruits and vegetables, not pills or supplements, can give you phytochemicals and
nutrients in the healthy combinations nature intended.

No comments:

Post a Comment