Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Day 30 of eating right, and day 9 of Jillian's 30 Day Shred

Breakfast

So Laura from http://tailwaggin.wordpress.com/ suggest I try green monsters!

http://greenmonstermovement.com/


Now I'd read about them ages ago, but never had fresh spinach on hand or thought to actually make one! But since I've gotten healthier, I've had bags of fresh spinach in the fridge (great snack wilted and hot with lemon juice and salt, or thrown into hot soups etc, I've been trying to work it into my diet more!) and I've been making fruit smoothies alot (the best way to quickly use up fruit that is starting to get a bit soft, and yogurt thats close to its expiration date lol!) :D

So this morning, I got up early (would not have thought this possilbe- I didnt acutally fall asleep earlier but for some reason I woke up at 5.45am feeling energetic? Maybe this healthy eating is actually working :D!)

Workout

And I did Day 9 of Jillian's 30 Day Shred at Level 2- couldnt put quite as much energy into it as I do at the end of the day, but it felt great and I got it out the way!

And then I made breakfast-

The Green Goddess

2 Activia Peach Yogurts (would have used Greek but finished it yesterday! 70 calories each)

A dash of no sugar added Cranberry juice

1 medium sized banana (100 calories)

3 Strawberries and half a cup of blueberries (about 50 calories) It as all I had left, I've been plowing through my fruit!

2 big handfuls of spinach (about 15 calories)

About 300 calories total, perfect

I blended it, and dubiously took a sip- it was delicious :D

I thought the spinach may make it a bit bitter, but the sweetness of the Activia's was more than enough to make it taste really really good!! I took a picture of my first Green Monster, I'll upload it later :)
 
Lunch


I've made some baked squash and baked sweet potato, not sure of the calorie content but its a small enough container and I wont stuff myself :)


Snack

100 calorie, whole wheat vitatop (cranberry)

Dinner
I used two 100 calorie whole wheat pitas to make 'pizza' - with half a cup of sauce, mushrooms, bell peppers and paremsan cheese plus a few kalamatas :) Yum!!

No comments:

Post a Comment