|yes, i did honestly feel a bit like this|
On the weekend I was surprisingly inspired by this book:
I was in Books-A-Million browsing and picked it up, feeling curious. I read the first chapter...and the next...and the next. I had NO idea Jillian was this deep, or such a great, direct, interesting writer!
An Amazon.com reviewer puts it best
Unlimited" isn't your ordinary live in the now, forget the past, smile, just be happy yada, yada, yada kind of self help book. Being happy, healthy and in control doesn't just happen overnight or gets delivered to you from a genie on a magic carpet. You have to take steps and do the work it takes to achieve the goals you want in your life which are provided in the book. There is no nonsense mumbo jumbo to read or words that you have to Google to figure out what the author is talking about and it's not sugar coated. I found this to be an easy read and didn't want to put it down. Jillian writes, "I can't promise you it's going to be easy... But what I can promise you is that I will cut out the crap and tell you what works. Come with me on this journey, and your life will change dramatically, for the better."
Sure wasn't anything like hiking in Mexico though- gosh I miss being on vacation right now!!
Today's Food Log:
2 slices whole wheat toast (60 calories each) and 1 and a half tablespoons of almond butter - 130 calories
|First jar of Almond Butter Ive ever purchased, I'm loving it!!|
= 192 calories + creamer in my coffee (at least another 100 calories) = 292 calories
I didn't bring anything with me to work today as I had an online exam to do last night and no time to pack a lunch!
( I had home made lentil burger mix and pineapple chutney in the fridge but no time to combine them into something edible LOL)
I had to buy a Greek Salad at work, which is healthy but not as yummy as if Id made it myself! I'm much more liberal with my kalamatas and I always use more spinach than nutrition void lettuce! Oh well...
Today my man and I are going to a restaurant to our friend Ben playing his guitar and singing some oldies- hes really good! We will have to order at least appetizers and some drinks in order to sit and watch him though! I will try to eat light and only have 1 light drink!
PS- I really want to go to the beach this weekend after going through my Mexico photos.
I've heard on the news that there are Jellyfish off the Florida beaches though! I've been stung by jellyfish in India and it feels like laser beams slicing your skin!
My plan for overcoming this plateau/slump and reaching 128.5 by the end of this month:
1. Work out three times a week at the gym - I will still do walks/work out DVDs but I think I need more gym time!! Good days for me right now are: Tuesday/Wednesday/Friday. I will be SO proud of myself if I can do that for even a week :)
2. I can make my gym time more exciting my doing a MP3 Player overhaul and adding some new songs to my play list
(let me know if you have any favorites for cardio?)
3. Load my calories towards breakfast. I'm already doing more smoothies, etc, but I need to eat more oats for breakfast and have lighter dinners (I'm inspired to try overnight oats that I've seen on other peoples blogs!!)
4. Really make sure I'm not eating sweets! I brought trail mix the other day and have been picking all the little M&Ms out of it daily LOL...so bad!!
5. Stop taking melatonin supplements as a sleep aide to see if I'm less groggy the next day + set aside half an hour of time before bed to start the wind down with natural relaxation techniques such as meditation/lavender scents/reading :)