Friday, May 27, 2011

Weight loss isnt easy!

I haven't been religiously tracking calories, more like estimating them in my head and tallying them up to be close to my daily limit per day. It shows, because I haven't lost any weight recently :(

 I've actually been fluctuating between 129-131 pounds over the past week.

I really want to see 128.5 before the end of May! Thats my goal!


The up and down of it is driving me nuts!

I wish weight loss WAS easy. Its not. It requires patience, persistence and diligence. These aren't 'easy' qualities!



However, I am still really elated to be where I am right now!

 I'm glad I've been trying. If I hadn't been trying at all I'd still be 143 pounds. But because I've been trying to be patient, persistent and diligent I have lost 13 pounds since I started this blog on January 11th. /XD And I havent been pushing myself that hard. /sweat If I really had been puffing away on the treadmill since January I'm sure I would have lost double that! But I've been doing what I can, my life is really busy as a full time worker, college student, owner of two mischievous dogs and paramedic's other half!

Just by being more conscious about my food choices and trying to take walks on my breaks at work and doing Jillian's DVD once or twice a week, I've lost those 13 pounds.

On a happier note, I actually went to the gym last night despite being exhausted! And by the time I was done I felt invigorated with my endorphin rush and not tired anymore!

I know that working out can help overcome feeling tired and give me more energy, but its hard to overcome the mid evening slump! I did it by telling myself I'd just go walk for half an hour on the treadmill and watch TV, its right by my house so I might as well....I ended up doing a half hour inclined walk, and ten minutes of solid running with zero breaks. Once I'm actually there, in my gym clothes I take that extra step and amp it up. Its just the battle of getting the sneakers on and getting there.

I also went for a really long walk with my man and Ellie, Tux has as sore foot to his dismay and had to stay at home!


I'm also really happy that this isn't a 'diet' but a lifestyle change. I try to get my vitamins and nutrients from my food rather than a pill. I try to eat for health and longetivty. The lifestyle change shows in that many of my previously unhealthy, nutrient foods have been forever replaced. So even when I'm not being tooooo conscious about my eating for the day, I'm till reaching for healthy options in my fridge!

I snack on cashews and cucumbers and fruit. I have yogurt cups at work for the 3pm hunger attack instead of chocolate bars.

I reach for a Naked Fruit Smoothie in the morning when I'm running out the door instead of a piece of bread.


The only 'treats' I have in my house is organic, health food store brought liquorice and a mini 150 cup of Skinny cow ice cream, as well as some frozen fruit popsicles.

Which is good, because on Monday I realized I just have ZERO willpower when it comes to delicious foods being in my house- I made fresh, home made peach cobbler for my man.

And I had a slice too...well what started off as a slice........and progressed to another one......

...and then later on that night another one.........so yeah, I just cannot making baked goods or fattening dishes even for my man because I cannot control myself when it is so easily accesible!

Food Log for the day: (time to start this up again, it really helps me!)

Breakfast:

Naked Blue Machine (full of blueberries and anti-oxidants and easy to grab out the fridge in the morning!) 340 calories and one of the tastier ones!

+ coffee (and creamer) about 100 calories of creamer
Lunch:

I made myself a burrito last night to bring into work today (I know I know- going to the gym AND making lunch for the next day? I'm on a winning streak =D>  ) I used an organic whole wheat wrap, lemon pepper grilled tempeh and home cooked pinto beans with taco seasoning, topped with salsa. Mmm...cheaper than anything I could buy at work and yummier too! Awesome  /nobigdeal

about 500 calories methinks...

Snack:

Vitatop- 100 calories

1040 so far for the day.. about 200 left- so I will make a smoothie or have zucchini for dinner, something light

Nobody but you is responsible for your life. It doesn't matter what your mamma did. It doesn't matter what your daddy didn't do. You are responsible for your life. What is your life? What is all life? What is every flower, every rock, every tree, every human being...ENERGY.You are responsible for the energy that you create for your self and you are responsible for the energy that you bring to others. -Oprah Winfrey
/bye

No comments:

Post a Comment