Friday, September 16, 2011

Spinach Pie

Ty got the job he wanted! He just graduated at as a Paramedic and he actually got the job he was after, I am so proud of him :)

Sadly that means he won't have as much time to cook and make me delightful lunches! I had my usual Bolthouse Farms Mango Protein smoothie for breakfast and was excited to have vegan spinach pie for lunch!




Vegan Spinach Pie
 It is so good! I could probably eat a whole pie by myself (but I didnt thankfully).

Vegan Spinach Pie
(serves 8)
10 ounce box frozen spinach
1 1/2 cups onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1Tbs chilli flakes (if you like spice)
2 Tbs oil
3 cups crumbled tofu (soft or silken tofu is best)
1 Tb lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste
2 pre-made pie crusts
3 parboiled potatoes

Cook spinach according to package directions. Saute onion and garlic in oil in a large pot over medium heat for 3 minutes. Cube the par  boiled potatoes and add to the pot, cook until a little browned. Add spinach, tofu, lemon juice, and seasoning. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Meanwhile, continue cooking spinach/tofu mixture for 5 minutes. Mix well. Pour into pie crusts. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes until crust is brown.

Makes two pies

Total calories per serving: 180
Fat: 11 grams
Protein: 7 grams
Iron: 2 mg
Calcium: 87

Dinner was rigatoni and a home made sauce that included tofu+spinach and fresh basil mmm...






I had fresh raspberries for dessert with a skinny cow ice cream (only 150 calories) :)





After dinner we enjoyed a glass of Riesling on the front porch, the weather in Florida is finally cool enough to do that! I'm really excited that our fall is just around the corner! I made a fall wreath for the front door

Workout:

I did NOT feeling like going to the gym- headache, exhausted etc, but I dragged myself out there and did an hour on the bike while reading my big fat entrepreneurship book for homework- multi tasking as I'm short on time!

No comments:

Post a Comment