Saturday, July 16, 2011

Recovery!

I got my wisdom teeth out on Thursday and have been in a meds induced haze of pain and puffiness ever since. I had four teeth out, so my cheeks and chin are swollen. I feel like a puff fish and look like one too, its awful.
ME


I cant work out (I worked out right up until my operation), nor can I stick to Dr. Ian Smith's diet plan. I've been living on healthy yogurts, protein smoothies and purple mashed potatoes...I cant really eat anything harder than that!


Purple potatoes!
I got scared on day one, when I stood on the scale I had put on SEVEN pounds! WTF?!?! It went away the next day though, I think it was just the IV fluids I got.

My man has been cooking for me, he is so sweet! He made me this wild brown rice and green pea soup, and I then blended it with vegetable hummus and spinach for extra nutrients and greeness hehe- SO good, I promise- even thought it looks SO green!




Not only did he sit through the surgery for three hours, he has taken care of my every need and even surprised me with a cute balloon as he knows I love them!

Anway, before this whole diabolical process begun I made some pretty nice recipes while on the 'Pace section of Dr. Ian Smiths Four Day Diet". 


The first was baked eggplant, lightly seasoned with just a little marinara sauce and Parmesan, so good and nutritious! And veggie soup- I was trying to get creative with the list of foods allowed!!  I made a great vegetarian chilli, but I will give it its own post when I get the energy to write it down, as it deserves that :D


The last thing I cheated with was this pineapple 'cake' (more like a cookie) that someone in my office brought back from Taiwan. Being the travel enthusiast that I am I just had to try it, I love new flavors and I'm not going on a trip in the next few months so a taste of Taiwan would have to suffice! Its their regional classic treat, flakey, not to sweet. I liked it!


I also made this almost healthy cocktail with lemon seltzer water, sweet tea vodka, raw honey and lemon wedges...mmm

2 comments:

  1. Ooh ive never had purple potatoes but they look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog and finished reading your about section! love it!:) Hope you feel all better soon though:)

    ReplyDelete