Wednesday, September 28, 2011

A whole pint of ice-cream that is only 150 calories? My review on its taste..

I ate really healthy foods yesterday and worked out hard, so I decided to reward myself by trying out my pint of chocolate peanut butter Artic Zero. I'd read about this amazing ice cream online, and how it is only 150 calories for the PINT! I found it at my local health food store (if you go to their website you can find providers near you)


My opinion? Well, its not EXACTLY ice cream...it doesn't QUITE taste like it. I got used the flavor once the ice cream softened a bit and ate half the pint while watching the new episode of American Dad (the weird one with a murderous hot tub and Cielo singing most of the episode...)

Eating this ice cream is kind of like eating a frozen chocolate protein shake- it is made with whey protein. This is the ingredient list:

 PURIFIED WATER, WHEY PROTEIN CONCENTRATE, ORGANIC CANE SUGAR, DUTCH PROCESSED COCOA POWDER WITH ALKALI, GUAR GUM, XANTHAM GUM, NATURAL FLAVORS, SEA SALT, ORGANIC MONK FRUIT.


Monk fruit is apparently a calorie free sweet fruit grown in the mountains

Anyway, I would recommend this product for a BEFORE dinner treat....if you have had one of those stressful days and are reaching for say wine/candy/chips/cheese before you make dinner, reach for this instead. It fills you up quite a bit and will help you to satisfy your sweet tooth and not overindulge at dinner!

I'd prefer a Skinny Cow Dulce De Leche as an after dinner treat over Artic Breeze though.

It has a MUCH better ice cream taste, and is the same amount of calories (just a lot LESS ice cream- but I'm not the kind of girl who eats a whole pint in one go, to me less ice cream but better flavor wins!)

 Artic breeze would be really good if you are going through a break up and just NEED to eat a few pints Bridget Jones style!



And of course fruit would be a much better dessert, but you know, sometimes a girl just needs a little ice cream...

On a final, off topic note: here are some photos I took while messing around with my camera for photography class. We needed to do some 'blur' photos, meaning that you keep your camera lens open for a period of time and record something moving in front of it and it blurs...I did these photos in the dark with my LED keychain light and kept my camera open for 30 seconds, so much fun! :D
The technique is called "Painting with Light" and Picasso did it back in the day, artsy old man that he was..






An Om


No comments:

Post a Comment