Monday, September 12, 2011

Tracking my eating....

When I began this blog I wrote down all my meals and it helped me to see where I was doing well and where the calories were adding up.

Ive almost reached my goal of 125 pounds (from 143 pounds!) but not tracking my eating daily is leading to too many 'treats!'.
I need to be eating more like this (minus the fish!)

Its time to get back to it! I just had a weekend of awful eating- funnily enough it was mainly from attending our health food stores annual birthday bash! They gave away free samples of wine, cheese, fresh bread and hummus, mozzarella balls with pesto, pie....you get the picture!


I also need to shake up my work outs! I started last night, instead of going to the gym Ty and I went on a 45 minute walk and then a 20 minute run with our dogs in the evening. It was fun! I probably need to shift away from the elliptical/strength circuit for a week or two and try different machines! We also went kayaking on the lake and climbing the biggest tree in Florida!


Certainly a big tree..
Trying to hug it lol

Is it a bird, is it a plane?
Like many of you I was also touched by the events of September 11th and my heart goes out to all those affected by the tragedy! I was living India at the time, and my dad was flying back from America. He was flying through New York and the first we heard about the tragedy was when an American family friend called us in the middle of the night to tell us the news.




We didn't hear from my dad for a few hours after that,and those hours stretched long into the night!! Our family was relieved to finally hear from him, and that he was ok, but I can only imagine the pain felt by other families as they realized their loved ones where on those planes or in the World Trade Towers.

Breakfast:

Half a large Bolthouse Farm Mango Protein Smoothie (16oz)

Lunch:

A whole wheat pita bread stuffed with Mexican grilled fajita mixed veggies, hummus and spinach. Ty made if for me for lunch :D

Snack:

Chobani Yogurt

Dinner:

I'm planning on a quick Amy's organic soup as I will be rushing from work to class!

Not the most exciting/healthy option but I had a busy weekend and didnt get around to cooking ahead for the week!  I'm hoping to bake a spinach pie later in the evening for tomorrow's lunch, based on this recipe:

Spinach Pie
(serves 8)
10 ounce box frozen spinach
1 1/2 cups onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped
2 Tbs oil
3 cups crumbled tofu (soft or silken tofu is best)
1 Tb lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste
1 pre-made pie crust

Cook spinach according to package directions. Saute onion and garlic in oil in a large pot over medium heat for 3 minutes. Add spinach, tofu, lemon juice, and seasoning. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Meanwhile, continue cooking spinach/tofu mixture for 5 minutes. Mix well. Pour into pie crust. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes until crust is brown.
Total calories per serving: 180
Fat: 11 grams
Protein: 7 grams
Iron: 2 mg
Calcium: 87



Workout:

Today is technically a rest day! I can't go to the gym on Mondays and Fridays because I have college classes right after work!

No comments:

Post a Comment