Thursday, October 27, 2011

Jillian kicked my a**

I did Jillian's 30 Day Shred DVD for the first time in ages last night. With very little free time I still really felt like I had to do SOMETHING as my back was sore from work, my legs tight from heels and Sunday was the only other work out I got in this week.


So I dug through Ty's pile of DVD's by the xbox and found good old Jillian.... you may remember that when I was doing the 30 Day Shred I came to a point where I was able to do Level 2 and Level 3 BACK TO BACK... (well, this only happened once, but I was still so surprised at myself, I felt like Wonder woman!)




 I put our projector on (so Jillian is life sized- and mean!) and did Level Two. I could barely keep up and was a sweaty, messy haired pile of jello on my yoga mat by the end of it...


Its not that I haven't been working out either! For the past few months I've been getting to the gym at least three times a week, mainly four, and have a lot more leg and arm strength! Its just that machines use certain muscles whereas using your OWN body weight as your resistance uses a whole different set of muscles! Its called Plyometric exercises and I feel like its actually harder, as the machines aide and cushion to a certain degree. The moves that were kililng me were the ones in push up position, where she has you jump your legs in and out...oh god!! I was quite chuffed to find I had stronger arms though as the dumbbell parts didn't phase me at all :D




Its also true that your body adapts and gets used to certain workouts!! That must have happened for me with Jillian before as I found the work out quite easy when I stopped, and now its a killer! My body has adapted to the gym instead.


Speaking of the gym, I need to get another workout in tonight with all the Halloween candy around. Yes, I will admit to having had a few fun sized snickers (though I've resisted waaaaaay more than I've eaten!!)....that will bring me to three workouts this week, plus lots of walking on my breaks at work!


I've been soooo busy this week that I haven't really 'cooked'. Sure, I've thrown some salads and simple things together, but I haven't made anything photo worthy (I did get taken to a surprise dinner by Ty- he showed up at the end of my work day with roses and took me out, but I dont know where those photos went!!!)

 I have blog envy looking at all the delish recipes on other bloggers sites! I really want to make this stew from http://kblog.lunchboxbunch.com/2011/02/kathys-veggie-pasta-stew.html:




No comments:

Post a Comment