Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I'd really like to see the numbers on the scale going down again...

/hihi 133.6 pounds  this morning.....I sure would LOVE to see 132, my April goal, on the scale soon! I guess I cant really expect that if I'm not working out at least 4 days a week or sticking to my 1200 calorie a day limit religiously!

 I did workout on Saturday, and walked the dogs on Monday but the recommended time to work out in order to achieve weight loss is SIXTY minutes, 4 to 5 times a week, and I'm not doing that! I think I'm getting a little bit bored with Jillian's 30 Day Shred DVD (GASP!) and I should probably go to the gym, just to get motivated again! Sometimes seeing other people working out helps me do the same...

I also just read this on a workout forum on livestrong.com

For the 30 Day Shred take at least one day off. Also don't do each level for 30 days, you will do yourself a disservice. Your body will quickly adapt to the workout and doing a sinlge level can cause you to plateau which in turn could become boring and frustrating. When you feel like you can do more go to the next level. Also doing these videos for 30 days in a row, and also not taking a break will lead to an overuse injury and I would be willing to put money on that. If you get injured you will take 10 steps back. Remember that muscle does not grow while you are working out, it grows when you are resting. Working out breaks it down so your body can come back during rest, repair it and add more. Rest is as important as the workout itself.

and this, which I identify with- the Shred seems to sculpt your body more than lose a lot of weight (I've lost an inch off my hips and waist!) :

 didnt loose much weight at first with it, but i lost major inches/body transformation by level 2 - I think total i lost 4 lbs doing it, i gained a few pounds at first- but i saw a difference in my body when i looked in the mirror, put on clothes... so i suggest jsut taking measurements, look at what you are putting in your body, and you will see a difference. I started loosing weight consistently when i started BFBM and NMTZ and doign the shred! Best combo in my opinion.
Well then!

Today's Food Log:

Breakfast:

Fat free organic milk with sugarless coffee -50 calories

Veggie Burger Patty + 2 slices whole wheat bread and hummus = 250 calories
Total for breakfast= 300 calories

Lunch:
I had to do a lunch order for the office. I know that the Jimmy John's sandwiches I order are high in calories and fat so I went to their website and used their nutrition tool to make my vegetarian option better!

http://www.jimmyjohns.com/menu/nutrition.aspx

I replaced the mayo with Italian vinaigrette and the sandwich went from 674.35 to 559 calories and 35 grams of fat to 22 grams of fat! And honestly it wasn't that different, it was still a yummy sandwich!


Dinner:


Half a Naked Fruit Juice (160 calories), a cup of Delites Ice cream (100 caloreis), and a handufl of cashews- this put me over my limit I bet!!


Workout:


Jillian Michael's 30 day shred- Level 2

2 comments:

  1. my issue with the shred is that it works the same muscles all the time

    ReplyDelete
  2. the three levels are a bit different but I agree, its mostly the same muscle groups! I'm happy they are getting stronger though!

    ReplyDelete